Our Council was granted status in Easton, Pennsylvania in April 1898. Fifty (50) Phillipsburgers signed the roll to start the Council. The new council was formally known as "Union Council 345". On Sunday May 15, 1898 the new council was formally instituted with 65 Charter Members including the fifty original Phillipsburgers.
From the beginning the council's goals have been:
Promoting and conducting educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief work.
Rendering mutual aid and assistance to its sick, disabled and needy members and their families.
Promoting social and intellectual interaction among its members and their families
Our council works to assist with the needs of the community consistent with the principle of the Knights of Columbus order.
Charity, Unity, Fraternity & Patriotism.
In addition, our mission is to aid, serve and assist the local Catholic Charities in the Phillipsburg/Easton area and work closely with the Parishes of St. Mary, St. Philip & St. James.